One of the most infamous diseases our teeth can suffer from is cavities. They can occur at any age and condition, and sometimes can go undetected for a very long time, thus allowing them to continue to harm your teeth. If cavities are not treated and removed, they can result in infection and tooth loss. For a list of treatments to assist you smile with cavity prevention, use the following:
– Stay away from foods that easily stick to your teeth and gums after feasting.
– Using a toothbrush that has soft bristles and is long enough to easily and effectively reach all areas of your mouth is essential in the battle against cavities.
– Implement a dental floss in your oral health routine that is shred-resistant.
– Seek out cleaning utensils that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance or products that have been recommended or approved by your dentist.
– Try using supplementary cleaning products in your oral health care routines, such as mouthwash and sugarless gum.
– Eat healthy foods that are chock full of nutritious vitamins and minerals and low in sugars.
– Make an effort to schedule and attend regular meetings with your dentist for oral health exams and professional cleanings.
If you think your teeth could use a little extra work and you would like to have a professional exam from our team at Rocky Ridge Dental Associates, simply book an appointment with Dr. Roy A. Smith, III and the rest of our team at our dentist office in Vestavia Hills, Alabama, by calling us at 205-979-8070. We look forward to taking your smile into the future with cavity prevention!